Sunday, February 5, 2012

Little bit of sew-jo

This year has started with a bang, a big one. The business has been busy with a facelift on the websites, all of a sudden 'wooshka'! Sales like I haven't know in January = awesome, please, long may it continue!!

Then we had a few visitors - my aunt from London came and stayed for a week and while she was here my Mum decided it would be a good idea to catch up with her sister in law so we had a full house for a few days! It was loads of fun, the weather on the last day of Barbara's stay dampened our plans as it was rubbish and a week of rain after she left meant a lot of changes to plans. Saturday, mum left on Sunday, I decided to spend an hour or 2 sewing...

Februarys challenge in the sewalution on Facebook was to make a bag for yourself. Now, sewing for myself is somewhat of a novelty but I searched and found this pattern... which I sort of liked. Mum also liked it so we hit Spotlight on one day during her holiday and I cut the bags out before we went out Saturday morning and sewed them up when we got home in the afternoon. I am pretty happy with how they turned out!

This one is mine...


all loaded up and ready to go...

and this one is Mums.


Easy peasy to make, took 30 minutes to sew up. so so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment